Finally pulled together the test footage I've collected with my home-made GoPro wrist strap this summer. It's most certainly not a cinema quality effort but I have learnt a fair bit from it! In short I can say the following:
- Video is rarely successful when you're facing the sun
- Longboarding on clean waves seems to give the smoothest footage
- Bodyboarding requires an extension to raise the camera higher if you want to avoid splashback
- Mixing resolutions and frame-rates results in some major headaches when it comes to exporting your film!
- To get the best quality some nice weather helps.
- The wide angle lens makes the waves seem a lot smaller honest!